Sunday, January 27, 2013

Stress and Gastroparesis

Stress can cause HUGE problems with Gastroparesis as it tends to exacerbate all symptoms.  Life deals us unseen changes all the time.  Some of these changes will be small and some will be life altering.  It is in these times that those of us with Gastroparesis MUST adhere to our own personal Comprehensive Management Plan.  (see my Comprehensive Management Plan post)  This is of the utmost importance.  Yes, easier said than done, because as I sit here typing these words of wisdom I myself have not been managing my Plan as well as I should be.  I am getting it back on track but I am not anywhere near where I once was. 

So as we must do when we get off track is to not beat ourselves up over it and just start right now with what works for each of us individually.  For me it means starting my day with my Yoga workout, follow that with another 30-60 minute workout.  Eat whole fresh foods that I know I can tolerate and limit the white carbs, like the biscuits with honey I have been living on lately.  Juice more fruits and veggies, which I have not been doing at all lately.  Drink Glucerna shakes as meal replacement or snack.  Eat beets daily as they help to cleanse the digestive tract.  Take my vitamins daily.  Take walks.  End my day with a Stress reducing meditation CD as I fall to sleep. 

The stress reducing measures such as the Yoga and meditation CD that I use make a tremendous difference in how I am able to handle the stressful situations that I find myself in.  This may not be the answer for everybody, you just have to find what works for you.  What makes you relax and feel calm?  Once you figure out what that is, find ways to incorporate it into your daily routine.  Exercise is a great stress reliever and it has those wonderful benefits of getting us in shape, weight loss and just overall feeling better.  So I must practice what I preach now and go do my workouts.  Don't forget to checkout my links to Crystal Saltrelli's pages http://livingwithgastroparesis.com/ and see what she is up to.  She is a wealth of good information and knowledge on the subject of Gastroparesis.

1 comment:

  1. Use herbal remedise for complete Gastroparesis Herbal Treatment because these remedies are very effective and played a vital role in the get rid of gastroparesis witout any side effects.

    ReplyDelete